Yellow or Red Pepper RisottoFrom chef2 8 years ago
- yellow pepper Risotto shopping list
- Risotto con Peperoni Gialli shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 yellow bell peppers, chopped add red if you like also shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced zucchini shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 6 shallots, minced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leafed parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet cook peppers in water and 2 tablespoons of butter, covered partially, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Puree peppers in a food processor or blender and strain through a coarse sieve into a small bowl.
- Season puree with salt and pepper.
- In the cleaned skillet cook zucchini in 1 tablespoon remaining butter over moderate heat, stirring until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan heat broth and keep at a bare simmer.
- In a heavy 2 to 3-quart saucepan cook shallot and garlic in remaining 2 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat until very soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until edges become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cook, stirring constantly, until wine is absorbed.
- Add about 1/2 cup simmering broth and cook, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, and cooking, stirring constantly and letting each addition be absorbed before adding the next, until rice is 'al dente', about 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in pepper puree, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle risotto with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Serves 4.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
i just love the risotto's they are so creamy
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
love this recipe and the aspect of the puree peppers more pepper intense flavor thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I frequently make rissoto your recipe directions are perfect and the flavors are terrific. Those that know me well say I am the king of peppers and I try to grow and include them all I can. So this is a perfect recipe for me.
Great big smile :) ...moretrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!