Yellow or Red Pepper RisottoFrom chef2 6 years ago
- yellow pepper Risotto shopping list
- Risotto con Peperoni Gialli shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 yellow bell peppers, chopped add red if you like also shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced zucchini shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 6 shallots, minced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leafed parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet cook peppers in water and 2 tablespoons of butter, covered partially, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Puree peppers in a food processor or blender and strain through a coarse sieve into a small bowl.
- Season puree with salt and pepper.
- In the cleaned skillet cook zucchini in 1 tablespoon remaining butter over moderate heat, stirring until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan heat broth and keep at a bare simmer.
- In a heavy 2 to 3-quart saucepan cook shallot and garlic in remaining 2 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat until very soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until edges become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cook, stirring constantly, until wine is absorbed.
- Add about 1/2 cup simmering broth and cook, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, and cooking, stirring constantly and letting each addition be absorbed before adding the next, until rice is 'al dente', about 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in pepper puree, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle risotto with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Serves 4.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
Sounds wonderful - I love risotto. Great post - thanks!!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I frequently make rissoto your recipe directions are perfect and the flavors are terrific. Those that know me well say I am the king of peppers and I try to grow and include them all I can. So this is a perfect recipe for me.
Great big smile :) ...moretrigger in loved it
love this recipe and the aspect of the puree peppers more pepper intense flavor thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!