Roasted Garlic Cauliflower SoupFrom christinem 4 years ago
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 small carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter (I use Smart Balance 50/50 Blend) shopping list
- 2 cups skim milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp. flour shopping list
- sour cream for serving (about 1/4 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss together cauliflower, garlic and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is just starting to brown. (Will be somewhat crisp-tender)
- Meanwhile, heat the other tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add celery, onion and carrot and saute until onion is translucent, about 15 minutes.
- When cauliflower is ready, add to the skillet along with chicken stock and parsley; bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer another 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk flour into the milk and add slowly to the butter, whisking constantly. Increase heat and bring to a boil, whisking until thick. Remove from heat and pour into the cauliflower mixture.
- Simmer another 10 minutes, mashing cauliflower slightly if desired.
- Ladle into serving dishes and stir in about 1 tbsp into each serving.
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating8 people
Sounds yummy. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
Looks and sounds outstanding...thanks for sharing!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Scrumptious! 5 forks Christine!! We all loved this last night, and the sour cream on top is a very good addition! Nice and rich...and we loved the "roasted" garlic flavor. Thanks!slj6lori in Succasunna loved it