Lemon Crackle CakeFrom indicatorsrule1 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 20 soda crackers (2 inch squares) shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sweet coconut shopping list
- lemon filling: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- juice from 2 large lemons shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Crush crackers in a bowl. Add brown sugar, flour and soda. Work in butter and then add coconut. Pat 3/4 of this mixture into a greased and floured 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- Carefully spread on the lemon filling.
- Cover with the rest of the crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Lemon Filling Preparation:
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water. Add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Cool before adding to cake.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- emeneckermom Nowhere, Us
- dollhead Mechanicville, US
- chef_irish Gainesville, FL
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- marmielindo Inverness, FL
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- dragonwings647 Duchesne, UT
- msamethyst1 Madison, WI
- shellyh430 Brunswick, OH
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔