Garlic Rye ToastsFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cut garlic clove into four pieces.
- Cream garlic pieces into butter, let stand for 30 minutes to allow garlic flavor to permeate butter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove garlic.
- Spread on each slice of rye bread, using 1/2 teaspoon garlic butter per slice.
- Place on cookie sheet spread side up, and toast in hot oven for about 7 minutes or until crisp.
- We used plain unsliced rye bread and cut it almost as thin as we would for Melba toast.