Potato CakesFrom gennymac 7 years ago
- Left over mashed potatoes (must be the real ones, boxed doesn't work) shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten (1 if you only have 2 cups or less potatoes) shopping list
- 1 cup milk (or more as needed to make a thick pasty batter) shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup flour (depending on amount of potatoes) shopping list
- 1 - 2 scallion onions sliced into thin rings (or grated cheese, or chives, or minced garlic) shopping list
- butter or veggie oil to fry - these are not deep fried. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine refrigerated left over mashed potatoes, eggs, and about half the milk and blend.
- Continue adding milk until mixture is a pancake batter consistency.
- Add flour slowly until mixture is a thick pasty batter.
- Fold in onion rings, or whatever you choose to add.
- Heat skillet with oil (I use about 2 tbs oil and a thin pat of butter for each batch I fry) on med high heat.
- Spoon two or three cakes into skillet (if mixture is thin enough to pour, you need to add flour) and let fry for about 5 minutes, sprinkle with salt/pepper.
- Turn and let fry for another five minutes, or until golden brown.