Caramelized Onion DipFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 large yellow onions (about 1 1/2 pounds), finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream (low fat is fine if you prefer) shopping list
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (lowfat is fine if you prefer) shopping list
- 3 teaspoons dehydrated onion powder/granulates (salt free, natural) shopping list
- Very scant 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large thick-bottomed skillet over medium heat saute the chopped onions in the olive oil along with a couple pinches of salt.
- Stir occasionally with a wood or metal spatula and cook until the onions are deeply golden brown and caramelized, roughly 40 to 50 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, whisk together the sour cream, yogurt, onion powder and salt.
- **Use onion powder only to taste. Add a bit at a time until it tastes good.
- Set aside until the caramelized onions have cooled to room temperature.
- Stir in 2/3 of the caramelized onions.
- Scoop into a serving bowl.
- Top with remaining onions.
- This dip is best at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
love it!midgelet in Eastern loved it
My kind of dip...Thanks for sharing!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
Oh Lorraine - this sounds wonderful! ^5!madmommy in Wayne loved it