Homemade Barbecue Potato ChipsFrom myszreesey 7 years ago
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard shopping list
- Dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 large potato, peeled shopping list
- 1 quart ice water shopping list
- oil for deep-fat frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, cut potato into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain potato; place on paper towels and pat dry. In an electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potato slices in batches for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.