Clam Beer Appetizer baguettesFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 stick (1/4 pound or 8 Tablespoons) butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup beer (clam juice may be substituted) shopping list
- 1 small sweet onion, minced shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 small (6-1/2 ounces) cans minced clams, drained (juice reserved) shopping list
- 36 toasted baguette slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with Silpats or lightly grease.
- Combine butter, bread crumbs, beer, sweet onion, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, and rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix thoroughly. Stir in clams. Add additional clam juice if mixture appears too dry.
- Spread clam mixture on toasted baguette slices. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Increase oven heat to broil. Return clam rounds to oven and broil until golden. Serve hot.
- Yield: 36 appetizers
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!