My Best Curry ChickenFrom theskinnycook 6 years ago
- Half a chicken (or 1 chicken for 4 people, because it's better to have too much of the delicious gravy to come...) cut in pieces shopping list
- frying oil (I prefer olive oil) shopping list
- water (250 ml - 1 cup) shopping list
- FOR MARINATION shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder shopping list
- TASTE MAKERS shopping list
- 2 big onions sliced shopping list
- 2 green chillies sliced shopping list
- 5cm (2 inch) cinnamon stick shopping list
- 3 fresh curry leaf sprigs shopping list
- 3 cardamoms shopping list
- 3 cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds shopping list
- GROUND TO A PASTE shopping list
- 2 onions shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 fresh red long chillies shopping list
- 20 gr (2/3 ounce) fresh ginger shopping list
- 30 gr (1 ounce) fresh coriander leaves (that was more or less what I got from the bunch I bought in the shop) shopping list
- 4 candlenuts shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds shopping list
- TO FINISH IT OF shopping list
- 125 ml (half a cup) yogurt shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate chicken with turmeric, chili and salt for at least 1 hour in the fridge. During that hour you can prepare the rest :-)
- Take a wok and heat frying oil. Add in the "taste makers" and sauté on a medium fire until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add in the ground paste and sauté still over medium fire under continuous stirring until the flavors emerge.
- Add in the marinated chicken and add water as needed to cook the chicken.
- Cook chicken until tender (20 minutes or more, depending one the size of your chicken cuttings).
- Add yogurt, tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil and take of the heat immediately.
- Serve with the best basmati rice you can find or your favorite bread and a simple cucumber raita.
- Please don't forget your part of the barter
- Vote at : http://www.wellsphere.com/voteBlogger.s?bloggerId=94418
The Cooktheskinnycook Kuala Lumpur, MY
The Rating3 people
Well I for one will make this tonight and I am sure you will get a perfect score from me....why wait until then..... great recipe...*****high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
This sounds great I could substitute macadamia nuts which are similar in texture and flavor as the candle nut. Thank you for posting and I am glad to be of support to your cause anything to beat cancer is well worth my vote.
Five forks and...moretrigger in loved it
An excellent dish, very tasty. Couldn't quite justify a "perfect score" but I'll definitely be taking some tips from this to improve my own curries.davidwjford in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!