Chicken Stir-fry with Sweet Potatoes Red Cabbage and HoisinFrom waterlily 6 years ago
- * 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil, divided shopping list
- * 2 sweet potatoes; about 1 pound, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick rounds, then cut into 1/3-inch-wide strips shopping list
- * 1 medium-size red onion, cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices shopping list
- * 8 ounces skinless boneless chicken cutlets, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- * 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- * 4 cups 1/3-inch-thick strips sliced red cabbage (about 1/4 medium head) shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce shopping list
- * 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes and onion; stir-fry until yams are just tender, adjusting heat if browning too quickly and adding water by tablespoonfuls if mixture is dry, about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add chicken, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add cabbage; stirfry until chicken is cooked through and cabbage is wilted but still slightly crunchy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Transfer stir-fry to serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating4 people
Can't wait to try.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
This Sounds Really Tasty, I'll Make It This Weekend.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
wow love the recipe and the flavors and combo thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!