Chicken Stir-fry with Sweet Potatoes Red Cabbage and HoisinFrom waterlily 8 years ago
- * 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil, divided shopping list
- * 2 sweet potatoes; about 1 pound, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick rounds, then cut into 1/3-inch-wide strips shopping list
- * 1 medium-size red onion, cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices shopping list
- * 8 ounces skinless boneless chicken cutlets, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- * 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- * 4 cups 1/3-inch-thick strips sliced red cabbage (about 1/4 medium head) shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce shopping list
- * 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes and onion; stir-fry until yams are just tender, adjusting heat if browning too quickly and adding water by tablespoonfuls if mixture is dry, about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add chicken, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add cabbage; stirfry until chicken is cooked through and cabbage is wilted but still slightly crunchy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Transfer stir-fry to serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating4 people
Another unique recipe! I love the recipes you are sharing, Waterlily, they are so interesting! Bookmarked, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
wow love the recipe and the flavors and combo thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This Sounds Really Tasty, I'll Make It This Weekend.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!