Broiled Flounder With Warm Orange GlazeFrom mis7up 4 years ago
- 4 (6oz) flounder fillets (thawed if frozen) shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt shopping list
- 1 cup orange marmalade shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 naval oranges, sectioned shopping list
- orange sections and chives (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler. Coat broiler rack with non-stick cooking spray. Place fillets on rack. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Broil 4 inches from heat until fish flakes with a fork, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine marmalade, orange juice, ginger, and hot pepper sauce. Heat and stir. Serve over flounder. Garnish with orange sections and chives, if desired.
- Note******Flounder, with it's firm, white, finely textured flesh, may be cooked many ways. The tangy orange sauce gives zest to this mild-flavored fish.