Williamsburg Brunswick StewFrom rottman 5 years ago
- 3 lb chicken shopping list
- 3 qts water shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1/2 lb lean ham, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 3 pts tomatoes shopping list
- 1 pt lima beans shopping list
- 4 large Irish potatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 pt corn, grated shopping list
- 1 Tb salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 small pod of red pepper shopping list
- 3 ounces butter shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up the chicken and put it into a large pan with three quarts of water, one large sliced onion, one half pound of lean ham cut into small pieces and simmer gently for two hours. Add three pints of tomatoes, one pint of lima beans, four large irish potatoes diced, one pint of grated corn, one tablespoon salt, one fourth teaspoon pepper, a small pod of red pepper.
- Cover and simmer gently for one more hour frequently to prevent scorching. Add 3 onces of butter and serve hot.
- Post note: When I make this recipe, I use 2 boneless chicken breasts, 3 boneless thighs, and about a large cup of chunked ham. I also add a bay leaf and about a 1/4 tsp of Thyme. When you serve it, dip out the solids and leave the broth in the pot. ...but hey, fix it like you like it. Right?
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating5 people
awsome stew high5 thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I'm with momo on this one, rott. An easy five!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh, This Sounds Good. Gotta Try This One.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!