Red peppers with turkey and riceFrom laurieg 5 years ago
- large vidalla onion shopping list
- 3 large red peppers shopping list
- minced garlic-to your taste shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups of brown rice cooked- I cooked mine with a packet of beef boulion. shopping list
- 1lb ground turkey- I used 93% fat free shopping list
- 2 cups of tomato sauce - I used my own but you could use a jarred sauce. shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 400
- cut up peppers and onion toss with garlic and a little olive oil
- spread into the bottom of a baking pan and put in the oven until soft.
- meanwhile brown the ground turkey add salt and pepper to taste
- add rice to the ground turkey and mix- layer onto the softened peppers and onions.
- Add tomato sauce
- put into the oven until everything is steaming hot.
- my kids topped theirs with mozzerella cheese.
The Cooklaurieg Wilmington, MA
The Rating5 people
These sound tasty! Love the low-fat here, and the fact that you are using turkey! 5 forks!juels in Clayton loved it
This is great, Laurie! Just what I need since I'm currently on a diet!! This tastey dish will definitly help me stay on track. 8 pounds lost since Jan. 2nd, and 12 more to go!!!meals4abby in Valders loved it
This may be short on calories and fat but it makes up for it in flavor and texture. Thank yougagagrits in Irmo loved it