30 Minute Beef and RiceFrom janetk 6 years ago
- 1 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 Pound lean beef, cut into strips shopping list
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips shopping list
- 1 Cup fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced shopping list
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 4 cups cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oil in heavy skillet. Stir in beef and brown about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add green peppers and mushrooms. Cook and stir until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, cornstarch and mushroom soup. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 4. Add sauce to beef. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Note: You can add onion to this too. I would add it in step 2.