Funnel CakeFrom chef_irish 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a deep skillet, heat about two cups of oil over medium-high heat until hot. Test the temperature by dropping a pinch of flour into the hot oil. If it sizzles right away without smoking, it's perfect.
- Beat egg and milk. Mix all other ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth. (Add More Milk As Needed - Should Not Be Doughy)
- Using a funnel, drop into hot oil working from center outwards in a web pattern. (You can use a gallon sized freezer bag instead of a funnel by pouring the batter into the bag, snipping off a small corner of it, and squeezing the batter into the oil.)
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, remove from the oil when golden brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating5 people
Great recipe! Thanks! It turned out great!mufasa_thomas in loved it
Perfect.....absolutely perfect. Just what I need! All the recipes that I have always found made so many, and they are only good when they are freshly cooked. Oh thank you, thank you. (It's easy to double or triple a recipe, but not always to cut it d...morelmgluvscats in Sigourney loved it
oh my!!! i just love funnel cake, thank you so much of posting this yummy snack....rebecc96052 in Okeechobee loved it