Tomato Watermelon SaladFrom dugger 8 years ago
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed 3/4 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cubed 3/4 inch pieces shopping list
- 3 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 small red onion, quartered and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- cracked black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine watermelon and tomatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and salt, tossing to coat. Set aside and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir together with fruit, the onion, vinegar and oil. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled (over lettuce leaves if desired).
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating4 people
This is a great dish. I thoroughly enjoyed it and plan to make it again, while watermelon is in season.Kokopelli in loved it
LOVED IT -- I added a bit more onion but that was my personal taste coming throughalbrightt in Winnabow loved it