Vegetarian Black Bean ChiliFrom sanzoe 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 C Finely chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 C chopped celery shopping list
- 1 C Chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 C chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic shopping list
- 2 C sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground cumin shopping list
- 3/4 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp chilli powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp Dried oregano shopping list
- 1 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 - 28 oz can tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 3 cups cooked black beans or canned with liquid shopping list
- 3/4 tsp Tabasco shopping list
- 3 oz tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 C water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil, add onions, celery, green peppers, carrots, garlic, mushroom, cumin, basil, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper, and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and juice, beans and liquid, Tobasco, tomato paste, wine, and water and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.
The Cooksanzoe Minnetonka, MN
The Rating4 people
This sounds great, sanzoe. Anything with black beans in. I'll try it soon.babskitchen in loved it
Excellent!! Great flavors and chock full of veggies.....I decreased the oil to 2 tblspns. and added a small can of diced green chilies....kept everything else the same. Served with cheeses, sour cream and tostitos scoops. Very filling and yummy! Than...moreslj6lori in Succasunna loved it
This was great. I followed the recipe to the letter. Pssst, sanzoe, the directions state adding the celery but celery isn't listed in the ingredients. I just guestimated how much to put in, probably around 3/4 of a cup.babskitchen in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!