Cheddar Mushroom French Bread Rounds AppetizersFrom cabincrazyone 5 years ago
- 2 Tbs butter shopping list
- 4 oz mushrooms coarsely chopped. Chopped they measure 10 oz by volume. Why are we told to dry wipe mushrooms clean? If washed in water "methinks they absorb too much". Well, I hate dry wiping ... chasing tiny black dirt specks around the cap, so I wiped this batch clean with my fingers under a slow running tap. Fast and easy. I shook the drips off and weighed them again. They gained less than one quarter of an ounce. Well, my wife and I already ate this batch, so it's too late for the Iron Chef to arrest me. shopping list
- 4 tsp flour shopping list
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard shopping list
- 10 slices of French bread, cut across into 3/4 inch thick rounds. (I made them one inch once and they were too thick.) I much prefer using sub sandwich buns. Cut three buns into 20 slices. They make smaller pieces that are more convenient. French bread slices end up being cut in half. Too much putsy work. shopping list
- parsley flakes shaker shopping list
- paprika shaker shopping list
- pepper shaker shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add mushrooms and cook gently 2 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add flour to the pan and stir in.
- Add the cheese, worcestershire and mustard, shake in pepper to taste. Stir over the same gentle heat until all is melted together. Remove from heat.
- Throw bread slices onto a cookie sheet and toast one side LIGHTLY under the broiler.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the untoasted side. Pick up one tablespoon of the mix and spread it with the back of the spoon. It goes on easily, but reminds me of filling a grease cup with stiff bearing grease.
- Broil again until the top bubbles.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes and paprika. Serve hot.
The Cookcabincrazyone Duluth, MN
The Rating5 people
These sound delicious! Love your funny comments about mushroom wiping. I wash mine all the time too. Doesn't seem to effect the end result too much.juels in Clayton loved it
You're on a roll now, CC1...watch out for that Iron Chef - he looks like one mean bugger! And when I make this, I PROMISE to measure each bread slice to 3/4" so I don't end up with too-thick-sliced bread...the sub rolls are probably what I will use ...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
You're making me soooooo hungry - and rightfully so. I love these! More, more - keep bringing them....thanks! ;)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!