Greek Chicken And OrzoFrom falafel_fanatic 8 years ago
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces (I use veggie chicken strips) shopping list
- 3 cups orzo, cooked shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 - 15 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp oregeno leaves, crushed shopping list
- parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, deep, pan brown chicken in butter for 15 minutes.
- Add onion and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in the can of tomato sauce, 1/2 a can of water and the spices. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in precooked orzo and simmer 10-15 minutes uncovered until the sauce thickens. (You may add more tomato sauce if the fluid absorbs into the orzo).
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.