Old fashioned banana cream pieFrom dutchie326 7 years ago
- * 1 9-inch pie shell, baked shopping list
- * 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- * 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- * 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- * 3 bananas shopping list
How to make it
- Have baked 9-inch pie shell ready.
- In a large saucepan, scald the milk.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in the scalded milk.
- Over medium heat, stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
- Cover and, stirring occasionally, cook for two minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, have the 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten, ready; stir a small amount of the hot mixture into beaten yolks; when thoroughly combined, stir yolks into hot mixture.
- Cook for one minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and blend in the butter and vanilla.
- Let sit until lukewarm.
- When ready to pour, slice bananas and scatter in pie shell; pour warm mixture over bananas.
- Let pie cool completely.
The Cookdutchie326 Parker, PA
The Rating3 people
I haven't had homemade in years. This pie is Excellent!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Homemade pie filling is just so far and above the instant filling - while instant is easy and tastes good, homemade is like eating a slice of heaven...great post - reminds me of grandma and warmth and security!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Are you my grandmother, Dutchie? Wow! I am so very ready to make this pie (I, too, am a banana freak!) and I'll also make the other versions that you noted here. You have MORE than earned my 77885078! Thanks, Dutchie.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!