Old fashioned banana cream pieFrom dutchie326 7 years ago
- * 1 9-inch pie shell, baked shopping list
- * 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- * 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- * 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- * 3 bananas shopping list
How to make it
- Have baked 9-inch pie shell ready.
- In a large saucepan, scald the milk.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in the scalded milk.
- Over medium heat, stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
- Cover and, stirring occasionally, cook for two minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, have the 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten, ready; stir a small amount of the hot mixture into beaten yolks; when thoroughly combined, stir yolks into hot mixture.
- Cook for one minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and blend in the butter and vanilla.
- Let sit until lukewarm.
- When ready to pour, slice bananas and scatter in pie shell; pour warm mixture over bananas.
- Let pie cool completely.
The Cookdutchie326 Parker, PA
The Rating3 people
Are you my grandmother, Dutchie? Wow! I am so very ready to make this pie (I, too, am a banana freak!) and I'll also make the other versions that you noted here. You have MORE than earned my 77885078! Thanks, Dutchie.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Homemade pie filling is just so far and above the instant filling - while instant is easy and tastes good, homemade is like eating a slice of heaven...great post - reminds me of grandma and warmth and security!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
I haven't had homemade in years. This pie is Excellent!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!