Valley Of The Sun Beef StroganoffFrom shibattou 4 years ago
- 2 pounds, 1/4" thick, top sirloin or top round, cut into 1" squares. shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushrooms. shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped. shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced. shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chervil. shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons flour, all purpose. shopping list
- 4 cups boiling water. shopping list
- 3 cubes beef bouillon. shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons caraway seed. shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, minced. shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste. shopping list
- 1 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, slowly saute beef in the vegetable oil until browned.
- Detach mushroom caps from stems and cut in 1/4" slices and add to pot.
- Add the onion and chervil. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, mixing well.
- Add 3 cups of boiling water and the beef bouillon cubes, stirring well.
- In a separate small saucepan, combine 1 cup boiling water and caraway seed.
- Simmer for 15 minutes; strain and add to stew pot, discarding the seeds.
- Add parsley and simmer slowly until meat is tender, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Skim the fat from the surface; stir in tomato paste.
- Reduce heat to simmer and slowly stir in the sour cream. DO NOT BOIL.
- Add a little salt and pepper and serve over cooked egg noodles.
- Cooks Note: A taste of the gravy should convey a blend of the beef, onions, mushrooms and caraway seed. If any of these flavors singly hits you, the stew is wrong. Don't worry though, this should turn out fine...
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookshibattou Fort Mohave, AZ.
The Rating5 people
Sounds fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
sounds wonderful my mouth is watering right now hahahaha
nice post thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds hearty and oh, so good! Thanks for sharing, 5 forks!juels in Clayton loved it