Planned Leftovers - Baked Pasta CasseroleFrom reecespieces 5 years ago
How to make it
- Brown the ground beef, drain off excess grease.
- Combine cooked beef with Spaghetti sauce and sugar and simmer for about 10 minutes to allow flavors to marry. If you like to add additional seasonings to canned spaghetti sauce, add them now.
- Allow sauce to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add Cottage Cheese, Parmesan and pasta to sauce mixture.
- At this point the entire mixture can be refrigerated for later use.
- When you are ready to bake this, portion out as much as you need, either into a greased casserole dish or individual oven-proof dishes.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella and bake at 450F until pasta is hot and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- I only heat as many servings as I will be using at that meal. I keep the rest of the pasta mix refrigerated until I am ready to eat it so that each time you heat it up it will be fresh and not have that "leftover" taste and texture. This is great for taking to work for lunches. It can be heated in a toaster oven, or even a microwave in a pinch.
The Cookreecespieces Grand Rapids, MI
The Rating5 people
I love the cottage cheese here! This one sounds really tasty!juels in Clayton loved it
I agree with Juels - The cottage cheese makes for a brilliant combination - I'm looking forward to trying this one!neon in Westland loved it
This will be nice for when we have to eat at different times.a1patti in Salem loved it