Good Ole Corned Beef HashFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 lb. baking (russet) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice shopping list
- 1 lb. cooked corned beef, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- 4 large eggs (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover until just tender,
- about 3 minutes, then drain.
- Pulse corned beef in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Saute onion and bell pepper in butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet
- over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about
- 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and saute over moderately high heat, stirring
- occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in corned beef and salt and pepper to taste, then cook, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Add cream and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- If desired, make 4 holes in hash and break 1 egg into each.
- Cook over moderately low heat, covered, 5 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to desired doneness, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle hash with parsley.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
great tast cornbeef hash thanks great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
great taste cornbeef hash thanks great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Family Favorites141 members
Breakfast Craze69 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members