Sweet and Sour MeatloafFrom dollhead 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (for meat) shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each-onion powder and garlic powder (for sauce) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (the dry mustard powder) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the meat, bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, eggs minced onion and garlic powder and 1/2 of a 15 oz can of tomato sauce.
- Shape into meatloaf and place in pan-I used a small loaf pan for this-press outer edges of loaf down slightly to make a well for adding sauce later (so it doesn;t just sit on top but oozes down the sides of the meat).
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Make the sauce:
- In small saupan, combine remaining tomato sauce along with brown and white sugar, cider vinegar, mustard powder, onion & garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil-remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over meatloaf after it's baked for 40 minutes and return to oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Make a double batch of sauce cuz it is soooo good served over white rice.
The Cookdollhead Mechanicville, US
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!