Tomato Grits RecipeFrom myszreesey 7 years ago
- * 2 C. shredded cheddar/colby blend shopping list
- * 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilies shopping list
- * 1 1/4 C. milk shopping list
- * dash - garlic salt & black pepper shopping list
- * 2 C. water shopping list
- * 1 t. - salt shopping list
- * 1 C. quick cooking grits shopping list
- * 1 Stick butter shopping list
- * 1 T. butter for sauteing green onions shopping list
- * 1/3 C. green onions, chopped & sauteed shopping list
- * 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, bring milk and water to a boil. Add the salt. Slowly add grits and return to a boil. Stir for a minute. Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in one stick of butter until melted. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until grits are creamy. Remove from heat and add sauteed green onions, 1 C. cheese, and Rotel tomatoes. Mix well and stir in beaten eggs. Pour into a sprayed 9x13 dish. Bake for 30 minutes and top with the remaining cheese for an additional 5 minutes.
The Cookmyszreesey Auburn, NY
The Rating5 people
My hubby will be dying for me to make this dish, mysz! Big five for you and thanks.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Awsome reesey! This Sounds So Good. This May Be A Great Way For Me To Get the Wifey To Try Grits.
Thnx For Sharing.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
This sounds excellent! Thanks for the post!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!