Crisp Apricot GaletteFrom pleclare 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400. Line cookie sheet with non-stick mat
- Place tortilla in center of cookie sheet. Spread about 1/2 the butter on the tortilla. Sprinkle about 1 Tbs. of sugar on top. Turn tortilla over so buttered and sugard side is underneath.
- Drain can of apricots,reserving 1/2 of the syrup. You should have 10 to 12 apricot halves. Starting at outer edge of tortilla,arrange halves -side-up in one layer on tortilla and place a tiny bit of butter from remaining 3/4Tbs. in hollow of each apricot half. Sprinkle remaining 1/2Tbs sugar on aprcots and around edge of tortilla
- Bake for 25 mins;tortilla should be very crisp. Don't worry if some juice from the apricots has run onto the mat and burned. About 1 min. after galette has been removed from the oven,transfer with spatula to wire rack to cool.
- Pour the reserved syrup from the apricots into a small skillet and bring to boil. Boil 3 to 4 mins. or till syrup is reduced to about 3 Tbs. Sprinkle the hazelnuts over galette and spoon the syrup over the apricots to glaze them on top. Cut into wedges and serve at room temperature.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Wow! Very nicely, done! You get my five and my thanks for a great post, Pat. I'm lovin' your new avatar pushing for Spring with her hat! Too cute..
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Like this one.....Great post will have to try this one........Of course I will use pecans.....hahahahahahaha
Got my 5grizzlybear in loved it
Beautiful presentation, and who could have guessed that tortillas can make such divine dessert!juels in Clayton loved it