Spicy Spinach Sweet Potato And Coconut SoupFrom omshivs 9 years ago
- 1 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp chilli powder shopping list
- 2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 2 pints vegetable stock shopping list
- 750 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 x 400 ml coconut milk shopping list
- 1 x 225 g pack of baby spinach shopping list
- juice of lime or lemon shopping list
- fresh coriander (cilantro) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan and fry onion until soft. Stir in chilli powder, ground ginger and garlic cloves. Add vegetable stock, sweet potatoes and button mushrooms and simmer for about 10 minutes until tender. Add coconut milk and baby spinach and simmer for about 2-3 minutes or until the spinach just starts to wilt. Stir in the juice of a lime or lemon and season. Sprinkle on some fresh coriander just before serving.
- ENJOY :)
The Cookomshivs London, GB
The Rating3 people
Another great recipe:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
Wow. I've been searching for a good spinach and coconut soup for years - since I had it in a cafe once and found it unforgettable. THIS is what I was looking for. It's incredible.
THANK YOU so much! (licks lips. Yum!)SallyF in loved it
I made this recipe lastnight and it's lovely, but serves four? Four giants maybe! I had soup everywhere! Ha ha
Really nice soup though and very easy to make...I made it with light cocount milk instead and it tastes great.
Thanks :)foodiegirl in Edinburgh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!