Irish Colcannon SoupFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
How to make it
- Heat butter in a dutch oven.
- Add leeks; cook gently until just wilted. Add cabbage and combine well.
- Cook a few minutes. Add potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are very tender.
- With potato masher, gently mash some of the potatoes, so that the soup thickens.
- Stir in milk. Season with salt and pepper. Add green onions and cook 1 minute further.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
LOVE THOSE IRISH RECIPES!THANKS BEAR!HIGH 5!
CAROL LEEleebear in Brookpark loved it
Mmmmmm i love this soup its delish yumm
five thank you grizz
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Never thought of making Colcannon into a soup......nice post, Griz!pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!