Gluten-Free Dairy Free German Apple PancakesFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 6 eggs shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- 1½ cups rice flour shopping list
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups milk, soy milk, rice milk or apple juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 McIntosh, Cortland or other cooking apples, peeled and very thinly sliced shopping list
- ½ cup raisins, optional shopping list
- butter, oil or vegetable spray shopping list
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs with sugar until foamy.
- Add rice flour, tapioca starch/flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Add milk and butter (or oil).
- Fold in apple slices and raisins, if desired.
- In medium skillet, heat butter or oil or coat with vegetable spray. Ladle ¼ cup batter into pan and cook until top is set, about 3 to 5 minutes. Flip with spatula and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn pancakes onto a warm serving plate. Roll them up like crepes and keep them warm. Repeat with remaining batter until all is used. Lightly dust pancakes with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Mmmmm it sounds really good peeta thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
These sound yummy! Interesting batter with rice flour and tapioca starch here!juels in Clayton loved it
Never tried to make pancakes but these sounds delicious.Missed your recipes!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!