The Best Pie Crust EverFrom iwannabachef 4 years ago
How to make it
- Combine flour, salt and sugar
- Add butter cubes and mash into flour mixture with spoon until crumbly
- Add water and knead dough together with hands until you can form a ball
- (If the mixture doesn't stay together, add more water)
- cut mixture in half and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours (can be stored for up to two days)
- Remove from refrigerator
- Let stand at room temp for 5 to 10 min so that it will soften enough to roll, if it's too hard microwave it for 2 mins.
- Roll out with rollinig pin on a lightly floured surface to a 12 inch circle, about 1/8 of an inch thick, make sure that it's not sticking to the surface, if it is sprinkle more flour on surface.
- Carefully place in a 9 inch pie pan (What works best for me is to do place the pie pan on top of the rolled dough and turn it over)
- Mold to pan, cut away and create crust
- Add pie filing
- Roll out 2nd ball of dough
- Roll as before
- Gently place on top of filling in pie pan
- Pinch top and bottom of dough rounds together
- If you're making a pie that does not have a top, this recipe will yield two pies.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookiwannabachef Buena Park, CA
The Rating7 people
Sounds like a great pie crust! Thanks for sharing.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Sounds great.Really like the idea of storing it for up to 2 days.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
sounds good, thanks for sharing!magali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!