Macaroni and Cheese CasseroleFrom lilchef7 6 years ago
- 1 1lb box of rigatoni, penne, rotini or other small shaped pasta shopping list
- 2 c heavy cream shopping list
- 2 c whole milk (can substitute skim or 2 %) shopping list
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour (I prefer to use whole-wheat) shopping list
- 2 c monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 c Parmesan shopping list
- ! c Mozzarella shopping list
- 4-8 oz of cooked bacon, preferably a smoked or thick-cut bacon shopping list
- 2 Tbs finely chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 2 Tbs Lawry's seasoning salt shopping list
- 1/3 c panko breadcrumbs shopping list
- Additional salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- Additional cheese for sprinkling. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Cook pasta in salted water until just tender, drain and set aside. Cook bacon and set aside (microwave or skillet method, you can also do this step a few hours in advance). Whisk cream, milk, flour, 1 Tbs of Lawry's, and a pinch of black pepper. Slowly add the Monterey Jack, then most of the Parmesan and Mozzarella. Combine pasta and cheese mixture in bowl, slowly add pasta. Add bacon and stir until well blended. Pour pasta into 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with leftover cheese, or extra if you like more (I always use extra). then some Lawry's, black pepper, and panko. You can add even more cheese and panko if you would like a thicker crust. Bake for about 20-30 minutes until bubbly and brown. Let stand and cool 10 minutes before serving.
- **Depending on the cheeses available, you can also substitute Fontina, Gouda, or Provolone for the Monterey Jack. You can also use more Parmesan than Monterey Jack, add more black pepper and less Lawry's, and use Prosciutto instead of bacon.
The Cooklilchef7 Atlanta
The Rating7 people
I can't wait to try this. It gets a 5 for sure.shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
Sounds yummie, I also can't wait to try this one. You have my 5 alsohenrie in Savannah loved it
wow sounds great!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!