Fruited Salad Greens With Creamy Lemon Poppy Seed DressingFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- Dressing: shopping list
- ¼ cup white sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup (6 packets) Splenda sugar substitute shopping list
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon diced sweet onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ⅔ cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves shopping list
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 4 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, toasted in a skillet until lightly browned shopping list
- ¼ cup dried cranberries shopping list
- ¼ cup dried blueberries shopping list
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and finely diced shopping list
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and finely diced shopping list
How to make it
- For the dressing, combine sugars, lemon juice, onion, Dijon and salt in food processor or blender; process until ingredients are mixed together well.
- Leave blender or processor on, and add the oil in a steady stream until mixture is smooth and emulsified.
- Add poppy seeds; pulse for a few seconds to mix them into the dressing completely.
- Store the dressing in refrigerator until it is needed. Dressing can be kept in refrigerator for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Dice the apples and pears, and add the dried cranberries and dried blueberries.
- Add just enough dressing to coat the fruits thoroughly (the lemon juice in the dressing will keep the fresh fruits from turning brown after dicing). This can be done several hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, place spinach and romaine in a large bowl.
- Top with bleu cheese, walnuts and fruit mixture.
- Stir salad to blend ingredients together.
- Serve the salad with the remaining dressing on the side for anyone who would like additional dressing.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating4 people
I love it!sunflower48386 in White Lake loved it
Krum, this is a little too healthy, lol. Just teasing, sounds delish-love the dressing.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Yum Krum, I can eat this instead of a chocolate chip cookie! I love the sound of this one..thanks!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!