Victorian Gingerbread ValentinesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups unsifted flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Blend together margarine and brown sugar until smooth. Add corn syrup and egg; beat well. Add dry ingredients, about one-third at a time, mixing until smooth after each addition. Chill dough one hour.
- Roll out half of dough on lightly floured surface to one-quarter-inch thickness. (Reserve other half for decoratins or for a second batch of cookies.) Using hear-shaped cookie cutter, press out cookie shapes or use knife to cut around a pattern. Place hearts on cookie sheet. Decorate as desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Remove and place on wire racks to cool. Store in covered container.
- Makes about eight 4 1/2 inch cookies.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
I love gingerbread and these sound great have you ever tried homemade maple cream butter with gingerbread its delicious also a caramel sauce drizzled over it too yum.........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Very nice combo of ingredients here, I know these will taste great! 5 forks form me!juels in Clayton loved it