Kung Pao Peanut ChickenFrom aravi_vel 7 years ago
- Boneless chicken - 1/2 kg shopping list
- egg white - 1 no (optional) shopping list
- corn flour - 2 1/2 tsp shopping list
- ginger(crushed) - 1 tsp shopping list
- garlic(crushed) - 1 tsp shopping list
- Dry chillies - 5 - 6 nos shopping list
- spring onion - 1 cup shopping list
- sugar - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- Red chilly paste - 1 tsp shopping list
- dark soy sauce - 2 tbsp shopping list
- Sherry(cooking wine) - 1 tbsp (Optional) shopping list
- vinegar - 1 tsp shopping list
- pepper powder - 1 tbsp shopping list
- peanuts(unsalted) - 1/2 cup shopping list
How to make it
- Clean, wash and cut chicken into medium pieces.
- Marinade it with salt, beaten egg white, pepper powder and 1/2 tsp of cornflour for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Add the rest of the cornflour to 2 tbsp of water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the marinaded chicken on medium flame. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in another pan and fry the peanuts well.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and split dry chilly into the same oil and sfry it for 30 seconds.
- Add fried chicken, chopped spring onion, sugar, soy sauce, chilly paste, sherry and vinegar.
- Mix well and stir it continously for 1 minute.
- Add required amount of salt, pepper powder and cornflour. When it thickens, add fried peanuts.