Asian-style Chicken and BroccoliFrom sandysunshine 7 years ago
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts rinsed and cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 5 tbsp lite/low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 1 bunch (2-3 heads) of broccoli chopped/broken into bite size pieces shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water shopping list
How to make it
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, and ginger.
- Pour mixture over chicken and marinade for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinading prep veggies.
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until soft.
- Increase heat to high heat and add chicken with the marinade (its gonna get real hot so don't worry about germs, etc.)
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and water and cover the pan.
- Cook 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender.
- Serve over rice or lo mein noodles
People Who Like This Dish 8
- Dreamgirl Nowhere, Us
- MrPhunk Nowhere, Us
- Aajsmh1 Stoke-on-Trent, England
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- susanmay MN
- sharon85027 Phoenix, AZ
- pollymotzko Garden Grove, CA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- sandysunshine Blaine, MN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksandysunshine Blaine, MN
The Rating3 people
sounds really great a very nice job now you can make it when ever you want but sometimes its just great to go out right!!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I made this last night and it was quite good. I've never used oyster sauce before when I have made Asian dishes. I liked the flavor it added, but it did make it a bit saltier than I expected, even using the low-sodium soy sauce. I used a little ov...moresusanmay in loved it