Sweet Potatoe and Parsnip AmandineFrom nixie 7 years ago
- sweet potatos, large - x4 shopping list
- parsnips, diced - 225g shopping list
- Natural yogurt - 30ml shopping list
- cheese, grated - 115g - (I like to use goat gouda, but if you can't find it then use cheddar or gruyére) shopping list
- egg, beaten - 1 shopping list
- butter - 25g shopping list
- almonds, slivered - 50g shopping list
- cumin, ground - 2.5ml shopping list
- coriander, ground - 5ml shopping list
- salt & ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Rub the sweet potatos all over with olive oil, cut in half and bake for approximately 1 hour or until the flesh is soft.
- While the sweet potatos are cooking, boil the parsnips until soft. Then drain well and mash with the butter, cumin, coriander, and natural yogurt.
- Once the sweet potatos are cooked, scoop out the flesh (leaving the shells intact with some flesh still there) and mash into the parsnip mixture. Then stir in the grated cheese of choice, egg, and 3/4 of the slivered almonds.
- Fill the potato shells with the mixture and spinkle over the remaining almonds. Return to the oven and backe for approximatly 20min or until golden brown. The filling should set lightly.
- This is a lovely side dish, but equally so can be enjoyed on its own if you are on a diet or being frugal.