Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom julien 4 years ago
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian-style tomaotes, undrained shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken shopping list
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lb) shopping list
- 1/3 cup Kraft roasted red pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese and basil in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix; stir just until moistened.
- Place 2 chicken breasts in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Pound with meat mallet or side of heavy can until chicken is 1/4 inch thick. Remove from bag; place top sides down, on cutting board. Repeat with remaining chicken. Spread chicken with stuffing mixture. Starting at 1 narrow end, tightly roll up each breast. Place, seam-sides down, in 13X9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with dressing.
- Bake 40 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes or until melted.
- VARIATION: Use dice tomatoes with bell or jalapeno peppers, Kraft Mexican Style shredded cheese instead of the mozzarella cheese and chopped cilantro instead of basil.
- When I made this I halved the recipe, so I had a little of the dressing mixture left over. I cut up some sun-dried tomatoes and added them to the mixture. I placed it in a ramekin and pressed it down. I baked them about 30 minutes (I had added about 2 tablespoons of tomato juice) and they came out perfect.
The Cookjulien Charlotte, NC
The Rating2 people
This does sound elegant and delicious! Will definitely try!juels in Clayton loved it
I am back to tell you that I made this yesterday for our Valentine's dinner since we couldn't go out. It was great, just as I expected! My hubby loved it too! I secured the chicken with toothpicks once I rolled it and poured a little extra dressing o...morejuels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!