Portuguese Style MusselsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 4 pounds mussels shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into julienne strips shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper cut into julienne strips shopping list
- 1 large white onion sliced thin shopping list
- 3 ounces pepperoni cut into thin strips shopping list
- 2 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 3 dashes Tabasco pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 6 black peppercorns crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub mussels well in several changes of water then scrape off the beards and rinse well.
- In a large kettle combine the garlic, bell peppers, onion and pepperoni.
- Cook mixture over low heat stirring constantly until vegetables are softened.
- Add wine, mussels, Tabasco, bay leaves, peppercorns and salt.
- Steam mussels covered over heat shaking kettle occasionally for 6 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves and any unopened mussels.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Very good taste broth is great for dipping crusty bread. Thankspudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
I love steamed shellfish. I can't wait to try this.kidaria in BC loved it
sounds delicious!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!