Pennsylvania Dutch Sugar CakesFrom indicatorsrule1 5 years ago
How to make it
- Beat shortening, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, sugar and baking powder. Add to shortening mixture. Slowly stir in buttermilk.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- These cookies are great plain with sugar sprinkled on top before baking. My nieces like them iced with Chocolate or Strawberry frosting (I use Betty Crocker). Mom likes them with the Coconut Pecan frosting for German Chocolate cake and Dad like them with a Lemon Curd buttercream frosting I make. Be creative!!
The Cookindicatorsrule1 Gilbert, AZ
The Rating4 people
These sound like the big soft sugar cookies of my youth. My grandmother sprinkled a little sugar on them before baking them. Oh they were so good!! I hope I'm right. Do they come out this way?? - Lindalmgluvscats in Sigourney loved it
Oh great!! Because when looking through the old cookbooks we couldn't find that recipe! My sister and I are going to have a ball trying these out. Thank you so much!lmgluvscats in Sigourney loved it
This is a great recipe. My husband is half Pennsylvania Dutch, I will make these, and let you know if he remembers them. Thanksgagagrits in Irmo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!