Pink Lemon Angel CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 cup cake flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 12 egg whites, room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tarter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup more sugar shopping list
- 4 to 6 drops of red food color ( to make pale pink ) shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour and sugar well.
- Combine whites with cream of tarter, salt and lemon extract.
- Beat until foamy.
- Beat in food color.
- Gradually add sugar, 2 Tbs at a time beating until stiff but not dry peaks.
- Fold in sugar and flour mixture carefully.
- Pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake in a 325F oven 35 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Invert to cool completely before removing.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries if desired.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Awwww, midge! A pink lemonade cake for my Valentine? Sure! Thanks and ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
How pretty, especially for the upcoming Valentine's Day - would be so pretty with the red berries...thanks!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Sounds so pretty, I agree with Krum and add some whipped topping, yumoo...:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it