Seafood LasagnaFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 5 cups finely chopped mushrooms (about 1 pound) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans lump crabmeat shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled goat or feta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked lasagna noodles shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, thyme, and 2 garlic cloves; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Remove from heat; stir in crabmeat.
- Set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp, reserving shells.
- Cut each shrimp in half lengthwise; cover and refrigerate.
- Combine reserved shrimp shells, 2 cups water, celery salt, and fennel seeds in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 1/2 cups shrimp stock (about 15 minutes).
- Strain stock through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Set stock aside.
- Combine goat cheese, cottage cheese, basil, juice, and 1 garlic clove; set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.
- Place flour in a small saucepan; gradually add milk, stirring with a
- Stir in shrimp stock; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 4 noodles, slightly overlapping, over sauce; top with one-third goat cheese mixture, one-third crab mixture, one-third
- shrimp, 2/3 cup sauce, and 2/3 cup mozzarella.
- Repeat layers twice, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake at 375F for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
love the flavor and recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow, now this sounds truly delicious! Love the sauce that is made using shrimp shells here, how neat!juels in Clayton loved it
Definitely worth the effort - that sounds lip-smacking delicious! The shrimp shells absolutely add flavor to the sauce.krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Comfort Foods775 members
Party Food316 members
Fish And Seafood308 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Mad About Mushrooms94 members
Companys Coming115 members
Cooking With Booze79 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Food And Wine Anyone13 members