Spanish Chicken with Sweet PeppersFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1 (31/2lb) chicken,cut up shopping list
- 3/4tsp coarse salt,divided shopping list
- 1/2tsp pepper,divided shopping list
- 1Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 med. onions,coarse chopped shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers,cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 2 yellow bell peppers,cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 3 lg. garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 1 med. tomato,peeled,seeded,fine chopped shopping list
- 1/2c sherry vinegar shopping list
- 1/4tsp saffron threads,crushed shopping list
- 1/2c heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2tsp of salt and 1/4tsp pepper.Heat lg. skillet over med-high till hot. Add oil,heat till hot. Cook chicken in batches 6 to 8 mins. or till golden brown,turning once.Reserve chicken breas ansd add remaining chicken to large oven proof pot.
- Add onions to skillet;cook over med to med-low heat for 5 mins. Sprinkle over chicken.Add bell peppers to skillet;cook and stir 3 mins.Add garlic;cook and stir 30to 60 seconds. or till fragrant. Spoon mixture over chicken. Add tomato and remaining 1/4tsp each salt and pepper to chicken.
- Boil vinegar in skillet ver high heat till reduced to 1/3c,stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom od skillet. Pour over chicken. Combine 1 Tbs. hot water and saffron;stir into liquid in the pot. Cover;bring to boil.
- Bake 15 mins. Add chicken breasts,bake,covered 25 to 35 mins. or till chicken is no longer pin in center. Remove chicken,peppers and onions with slotted spoon.
- Bring remaining liquid in pot to boil;boil over high heat 3 mins. or till reduced by half. Add cream;boil 2 to 3 mins. or till slightly thickened.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I love the addition of sherry vinegar and saffron here, sounds delish!juels in Clayton loved it
MMMM.Yum.This sounds great. Saving this one.-Lorilasaf in St. Paul loved it