Spanish Chicken with Sweet PeppersFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 (31/2lb) chicken,cut up shopping list
- 3/4tsp coarse salt,divided shopping list
- 1/2tsp pepper,divided shopping list
- 1Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 med. onions,coarse chopped shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers,cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 2 yellow bell peppers,cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 3 lg. garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 1 med. tomato,peeled,seeded,fine chopped shopping list
- 1/2c sherry vinegar shopping list
- 1/4tsp saffron threads,crushed shopping list
- 1/2c heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2tsp of salt and 1/4tsp pepper.Heat lg. skillet over med-high till hot. Add oil,heat till hot. Cook chicken in batches 6 to 8 mins. or till golden brown,turning once.Reserve chicken breas ansd add remaining chicken to large oven proof pot.
- Add onions to skillet;cook over med to med-low heat for 5 mins. Sprinkle over chicken.Add bell peppers to skillet;cook and stir 3 mins.Add garlic;cook and stir 30to 60 seconds. or till fragrant. Spoon mixture over chicken. Add tomato and remaining 1/4tsp each salt and pepper to chicken.
- Boil vinegar in skillet ver high heat till reduced to 1/3c,stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom od skillet. Pour over chicken. Combine 1 Tbs. hot water and saffron;stir into liquid in the pot. Cover;bring to boil.
- Bake 15 mins. Add chicken breasts,bake,covered 25 to 35 mins. or till chicken is no longer pin in center. Remove chicken,peppers and onions with slotted spoon.
- Bring remaining liquid in pot to boil;boil over high heat 3 mins. or till reduced by half. Add cream;boil 2 to 3 mins. or till slightly thickened.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Absolutely exactly what Valentine Tink said... Could be that this dish will mark that special day! My thanks and my 5, pat.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
MMMM.Yum.This sounds great. Saving this one.-Lorilasaf in St. Paul loved it
I love the addition of sherry vinegar and saffron here, sounds delish!juels in Clayton loved it