Valentines Chocolate And Strawberry Stuffed French ToastFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 4 -slices French or Italian loaf (not a baguette) -- 1-inch (2 cm) thick shopping list
- 1/4 -cup (50 mL) cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 -cup (50 mL) semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/4- cup (50 mL) strawberry jam shopping list
- 2 -eggs shopping list
- 1/4- cup (50 mL) milk shopping list
- 2- tbsp. (30 mL) granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 -tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract shopping list
- 2- tbsp. (15 mL) butter shopping list
- sprinkle of nutmeg.... shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting shopping list
- maple syrup and fresh strawberries as accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- With a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each slice of bread -- cutting almost, but not quite all the way, to the edges.
- Spread the inside of each pocket with 1 tbsp. (15 mL) of the cream cheese, stuff with 1 tbsp. (15 mL) of the chocolate chips and spoon in 1 tbsp. (15 mL) of the strawberry jam.
- Depending on the size of the pocket and the slice of bread, you may not be able to use the full amount of stuffing ingredients -- just play it by ear and use as much as will fit inside.
- Squash the bread closed to enclose the filling.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. and nutmeg
- Dip the stuffed bread slices into the egg mixture, turning to soak both sides evenly.
- Arrange on a plate.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the stuffed bread to the pan and cook, turning each slice over several times to let it brown evenly and allow the heat to penetrate and melt the chocolate -- about 5 or 6 minutes total.
- Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve with powdered sliced fresh strawberries and maple syrup.
- Servings: 2
- How kids can help:
- Help stuff the bread slices with chocolate, strawberries and cream cheese.
- Dip the stuffed bread into the egg mixture.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating10 people
Tink you are such a romantic, sounds heavenly...:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Can't wait to try this for Sunday brunch! Thanks for the post.julien in Charlotte loved it
Sounds so yummy! Guess you could even use for dessert.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!