Cajun Sausage CaramelFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- 4 lbs smoked pork sausage sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry Burgundy wine shopping list
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 med. onion, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, fry the sausage over high heat until it is nicely browned on both sides. Remove the sausage and set aside for later use.
- Wipe most of the excess drippings from the pan with a clean paper towel, reduce heat to medium and melt butter.
- When the butter has been melted, add the brown sugars and cook, stirring constantly until the sugars have melted and begin to caramelize, about 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Remove from the hat and pour in the vinegar--be careful of steam.
- Add the wine and return to the heat. Cook until the sugar has dissolved again into the sauce. Add the tabasco sauce, onion, and reserved brown sausage.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring a few times. Serve hot.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating7 people
Wonderful Wonderful! :)donman in Hammond loved it
HEY PASS THE HOT SAUCE AND THE BEER ON THIS RECIPE, THIS ALL ABOUT CAJUN ON THIS POST! BRING IT BABY!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
Tasty, Tasty, Tasty. 5,5,5.shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
Cookbook Reviews149 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Southern Cooks560 members
Grilling BBQing238 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
NEW ORLEANS64 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes289 members