Black Bean Vegetable SoupFrom winslow1204 9 years ago
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can of whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 1 minced clove garlic shopping list
- 2 chopped carrots shopping list
- 2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 4 c. vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Put a little olive oil over a medium flame. Add your onions, garlic, and carrots, until the onion is tender.
- Next you will throw in your chili powder, and cumin. Let this cook for about a minute.
- While still stirring, add the stock, can of beans, corn, and then your pepper.
- This will need to come to a full boil.
- Now grab the tomatoes and rest of the beans and puree them in a food processor.
- When they are done add these to the soup.
- Let this simmer for approx. 15 min, letting the carrots get tender!
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookwinslow1204 Centerville, CA
The Rating6 people
This soup is wonderful! I did have to substitute 1 can of black beans with kidney beans because that is what was in my cupboard. I pureed the kidney beans with the tomatoes. I also subbed chicken stock for the same reason. I had made some crusty brea...morelaff in Saskatoon loved it
I made this last night during a cold storm. It was perfect. Really warms you!tddunlop in Sacramento loved it
I just finished making this! Very good, and thanks for the recipe!slimchocolate in Palm Harbor loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!