Gourmet Quesadilla- Apple Feta ArugulaFrom softgrey 8 years ago
- 2 whole wheat 10 inch wraps/tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 granny smith apple shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozarella shopping list
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta shopping list
- 1/4 cup baby arugula shopping list
- 5 kalamata olives- pitted and sliced/chopped shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly oil a stove top grill. (preferably cast iron)
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large skillet.
- Fry tortillas for about 2 minutes on each side, until they begin to bubble and get brown spots. ( This will make them easier to manipulate).
- Cut apple in 1/2 again and core. Slice very thinly ( I use a mandoline).
- In a medium sized bowl or on a large plate, toss together apples, both cheeses, arubula and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1/2 of this mixture on the bottom of a toasted tortilla. sprinkle with 1/2 the olives and fold top 1/2 over.
- Grill folded tortilla on each side for about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted, using a metal spatula to press quesadilla together and to flip.
- Repeat with second tortilla.
- Using a large chef's knife, cut each quesadilla into 4 triangles ( cut in 1/2 and then in 1/2 again).
- *optional...you can add chopped green onion to the mix or top with some roasted red pepper