Chocolate Mashed Potato CakeFrom chatombreux 8 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla (real or imitation) shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Cream sugar and margarine; then beat in eggs and potatoes.
- Combine all dry ingredients and add them to the potato mixture.
- Add the buttermilk and the vanilla. Stir together.
- Add the nuts and raisins, stirring.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes (9x13 pan) or a bit longer if using a tube pan. I prefer this; it takes a little longer in the oven, but it's very moist and is easier to serve, I think.
- Serve plain. (I prefer a dusting of powdered sugar on top.)
The Cookchatombreux Gloucester City, US
The Rating3 people
I never did hear-tell of anything quite like this, chat, but I need to tell you that I'll be trying it really soon! Thanks and my 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
this looks like an interesting cake... and one that I can convert to gluten free... thanks for a great post...^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I have tried this one. It is delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!