Red Velvet Pound Cake with CherryAlmond Butter Cream FrostingFrom domesticdiva0001 6 years ago
- 1c butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2c Crisco shopping list
- 3c sugar shopping list
- 7 eggs shopping list
- 1 (1oz) bottle of red food coloring shopping list
- 3c cake flour sifted shopping list
- 1c whole milk shopping list
- 2t pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- butter Cream frosting shopping list
- 2 1/2 sticks butter softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/2c whole milk shopping list
- Additional ingredients shopping list
- 1c finely chopped toasted almonds shopping list
- 1t cherry extract shopping list
- 1 1/2t almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- For cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl with mixer set to med high cream butter, Crisco & sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low & add vanilla and food coloring.
- In a different bowl sift together cake flour and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternating with milk to butter mixture beginning and ending with flour. Mix only until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for 1hr & 20 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire wrack for 10 minutes then invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely before icing.
- While cake is cooling cream butter for icing until light. Slowly add milk. Mix until combined. Slowly add confectioners sugar. Once icing is made take 3/4 cup of icing and place in small bowl. Add cherry extract and mix well. Add almond flavoring to remainder of icing.
- Once cake is cooled take a potatoe peeler and make about 1/2 inch
- tunnel in the top center of the cake. Fill this with the cherry icing then using the almond icing cover the cherry icing & remainder of the cake. Sprinkle the toasted almond pieces on sides & top of cake. Enjoy.
The Cookdomesticdiva0001 Mobile, AL
The Rating6 people
Oh WOW! This sounds fantastic! I've made enough Red Velvet Cakes, and I LOVE pound cakes....and now to have them together....Heaven!! I've got to try this!! Thanks for the share!lmgluvscats in Sigourney loved it
Wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
This sounds like it would be pretty and delicious.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!