Coffee Caramel SauceFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, two or three drops shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup coffee, brewed double strength shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground coffee shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sweet butter unsalted shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
How to make it
- Place the sugar, water, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to medium high until mixture comes to a boil.
- If sugar crystals remain, use a wet pastry brush to help them dissolve.
- Continue to boil the liquid until it turns a deep caramel color, but do not stir and do not allow to burn.
- This should take about five or six minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the coffee, cream, and coffee granules until all are dissolved.
- Because the caramelized sugar is very hot, stir carefully to avoid bubbles.
- Return the pan to medium heat and continue to stir the mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Turn up the heat and boil until the mixture thickens, about five more minutes.
- Add the vanilla, butter and salt.
- Stir once more and pour into a warmed pitcher or gravy bowl, and serve.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
sounds delicious... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Coffee Masters66 members
Sauces And Dippings24 members
All Holidays135 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Homemade Condiments And Sauces199 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Secret Ingredients54 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members