Banh Mi SushiFrom sushiday 7 years ago
- 6 sheets nori shopping list
- 3 cups sushi rice shopping list
- top sirloin (get as much as you want. Although you probably only need about half a pound for the sushi, you probably will want to eat some straight off the BBQ since it’s so good! :)) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup shoyu shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped shopping list
- 1/8 tsp grated ginger shopping list
- 1 cup grated carrot shopping list
- 1 cup grated daikon radish shopping list
- 1 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the sugar, water, shoyu, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl.
- Remove as much fat as you can from the meat, and slice the meat across the grain into thin strips that are about 1.5 inches wide and 1/8 inch thick. Try to make these strips long, if possible.
- Place the meat in the marinade, and refrigerate overnight, mixing every now and then so the all the meat gets marinated on all sides.
- Weave the meat onto skewers, and spread it so it is flat. If the strip of meat is short, put two or three strips of meat on the skewer (this is why we wanted the strips to be long :) ). Discard the marinade.
- Barbecue the meat until it is well cooked.
- Cook the sushi rice.
- Place the shredded daikon radish and the rice vinegar in a bowl, and let sit until you make the sushi.
- Remove the skewers from the meat.
- Roll the sushi, using the beef teriyaki, shredded carrots and shredded, marinated daikon as your fillings.
- Dip the sushi in mayonnaise. Enjoy!